From 1939 to 1957 British Ford Commercials used the name 'Fordson Thames' to mark the opening of the Dagenham production. The first postwar 'Fordson Thames' trucks were forward control Type 7V powered by a 3.6-litre V8 engine. The 7V was not liked, and was replaced by the bonneted ET6 in 1949. This in turn was replaced by the Ford Thames Trader in 1957 which was semi forward control. From 1957 to 1965 'Ford Thames' was used, and afterwards simply 'Ford'. The Thames Trader was replaced by the Ford D-Series and the name 'Thames' retired.
Ford 305E Thames 5cwt 1961 Van
Ford Thames 15 1961 Van, The 'Thames' badge was dropped in 1965 for a 'Ford' badge.
Ford Thames 300E 1958 7cwt Van. Badge on bonnet
Ford Thames 502E 4D 1958 flatbed, In 1957 the name 'Fordson' was dropped and the ET7 became the '502E'
Ford Thames Ten 1953 Van - badge on bonnet. The 'Thames' badge was given in 1952 and 'Fordson' no longer used.
Ford Thames Trader MkII 1962 - badge on bonnet. The MkII Thames Traders only had 'THAMES' beneath the bonnet vent and 'T R A D E R' was spelt out within the grille.