Rescued from receivership in 1937, a new Twelve and Fourteen models were announced with a twin overhead cam engine by Hugh Rose. The 11.9 and 12.9 were produced in small numbers before the war, and the engine enlarged to 1767cc for the postwar Fourteen. Production restarted in 1946 with the 4-light saloon and 'Woody' Station Wagon version. In 1949 The chassis was developed with independent front suspension. The Fourteen was revised in 1951 and continued until about 1953. Woodies were built by the Yapton Caravan Company and other coachbuilders, but mainly by APA.
Lea Francis 14hp 1947 - badge
Lea Francis 14hp 1947 - grille
Lea-Francis 14hp 1951 - grille
Lea Francis 14hp 1947. Hugh Rose launched new models in 1937 with a twin overhead cam engine similar to a Riley design, this was upgraded to 1767cc for the postwar Fourteen.
Lea-Francis 14hp 1951. The 14hp had a 1767cc engine uprated to 70bhp. This was a development of the 1692cc twin camshaft engine designed by Hugh Rose (of Riley) in 1937