Bianchi (S.A. Fabbrica Automobili e Velocipedi Edoardo Bianchi & Co) diversified from repairing cycles in 1899 to producing cars and motorcycles, and Edoardo Bianchi (Milan) produced the Bianchi 8hp from 1901. Production of bicycles continued and in 1914 45,000 bicycles were produced together with 1,500 motorcycles and 1,000 motor cars. Bianchi motorcycles raced to victory in many events ridden by famous riders. During WWII Bianchi trucks were built for the Italian military. Postwar Bianchi built a 125cc motorcycle and a moped, but Edoardo Bianchi had died. Bianchi went into partnership with Pirelli and Fiat in 1955 as a tripartite organisation to benefit all three partners; it funds rebuilding the bombed out Bianchi factory at Desio. In 1958 Bianchi hands over control to Pirelli and Fiat and afterwards the company is called Autobianchi and continues as a separate organisation until absorbed by Fiat in 1968. The final car produced at the Autobianchi plant was actually the Lancia Y10 in 1995; which replaced the Autobianchi A112 and caused the demise of the brand. However, the Bianchi cycle brand continues separately, building motorcycles and even some race winners until 1964, and after that just bicycles which are now built in a Swedish-Italian joint venture.
Bianchi 28/40 50hp 1906 - badge on radiator
Autobianchi A112 1972 Abarth - badge on rear hatch